I believe everyone has the capacity create positive & lasting change, and have healthy & fulfilling relationships.
Blake Howard Norton is a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Supervisor who began her clinical practice in 2008. Through her former work in early childhood education, Blake developed an interest in family relationships and child development. Blake has gained expertise working with individuals & families at the Austin Family Institute and Austin Child Guidance Center before launching her private practice in 2010. Blake has a special interest in working with tweens, teens and their families, young adults navigating the college and post-college years, as well as adults who are exploring family dynamics & healthy relationships.
In 2011, Blake partnered with Tracy Tanner, LPC, LMFT to co-found GirlTalk Therapy, which offers group psychotherapy to tween and teen girls. Helping families survive and thrive through adolescence, as well as helping adults make sense of their formative years, are special areas of interest. GirlTalk Therapy outgrew its initial umbrella and relaunched in 2016 as GT Therapy Group, retaining its focus on adolescents & families and growing to include supervision & training of new therapists as well as offering sliding scale therapy services to all ages & genders. Check out our newest offerings here.
Blake is passionate about making therapy accessible to all, through advocacy, outreach and education about the benefits of psychotherapy & mental health care. Blake has served as president for the Austin Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, a committee member for Girls Rock Austin and on the board of the YWCA Greater Austin, a community mental health center for women and their families. Blake regularly volunteers in local schools to provide workshops to adolescents & parents to further her mission of helping to demystify & destigmatize therapy.
- LMFT-S: Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Supervisor, TX #201436
- MA-Counseling with Honors, St. Edward's University, 2009
- BA-Psychology with Honors, Pitzer College, 2003
- Two year post graduate training in integrative family systems with Dr. Carol Middelberg
- Clinical Member of American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy, Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy and Austin Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Certified in the Transformational Coaching Method