Therapy for Teens & Families
- For adolescents and their families to break the cycle of conflict and learn new ways to engage.
- For families to strengthen relationships and improve communication.
- For teens to get support with relationships, friendships, and navigating adolescence.
- For those who struggle with mood and behavior changes, losing interest in activities, or a change in friend group.
- For teens who feel anxious and overwhelmed.
- For families who are navigating transitions of divorce, remarriage, recent moves and other life interruptions.
Therapy for Adults: Individuals, Parents, Couples
- For those who want to get unstuck from entrenched patterns in relationships and discover more about themselves and how to grow, heal and live life fully.
- For parents looking for support & guidance without judgment.
- For young adults transitioning into/out of college, asking themselves 'What's next?'
- For individuals who want to understand how patterns in our family of origin affect our current relationships.
- For people who want to cultivate self-compassion.
- For anyone who is navigating transition, change, loss and facing difficult decisions.
Therapy sessions are generally 45 minutes scheduled weekly or biweekly. Some people come to therapy for a few sessions and some come for a year or more. There is no one way to approach therapy. In our initial meeting we will talk about your needs, goals, concerns, and questions. Together we will plan for how the course of therapy will unfold. I work with individuals, couples and families from middle school through adulthood. If you would like to visit by phone before scheduling your first appointment, please feel free to give me a call at 512-761-7451. I am always happy to talk with you about your options.
Supervision for LMFT Associates
I am a board approved supervisor for Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist Associates and love working with new therapists as they journey towards full licensure. The path as an Associate is full of self discovery, challenges and opportunities to develop your own integrative working model for your burgeoning identity as a therapist. I honor my work with new clinicians and see my role as a collaborator, teacher, consultant and partner in this shared journey. Just like with finding the right therapist, finding the right supervisor is an important piece of ensuring that your time as an Associate will be rich and rewarding. If you are wondering if my style, personality and experience are right for you, reach out and I will be glad to visit with you to help us decide whether we are well matched. While I bring my own areas of interest and training into supervision, part of the fun of this work is learning new things along the way, so I also welcome you to dig deeper into theories and practices that are uniquely suited to you.
For group therapy options, please visit GT Therapy Group.